- TAX PAYERS WITH LESS THAN 10,000 IN LIABILITY
- TAX PAYERS WITH MORE THAN 10,000 IN LIABILITY.
HOW TO REQUEST AN IA:
- FILE FORM 9465, “INSTALLMENT AGREEMENT REQUEST.”
- INTEREST AND PENALTIES CONTINUE TO ACCRUE;
- CALCULATE INCOME AND EXPENSES JUST LIKE IN AN OIC.
- IA REQUEST MUST BE THE AMOUNT OF EXCESS INCOME;
- EXPENSES MAY NOT BE FOLLOWED AS CLOSELY AS IN AN OIC, PANTICULARY IF THE IA WILL PAY THE LIABILITY OFF QUICKLY.
FOR IA REQUESTS UNDER 10,000, GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE IF:
- DURING THE PAST 5 YEARS, ALL RETURNS FILED TIMELY;
- IRS DETERMINES THAT YOU CAN NOT PAY TAX OWED IN FULL WHEN IT IS DO AND YOU PROVIDE IRS WITH REQUESTED INFORMATION;
- YOU AGREE TO PAY WITHIN 3 YEARS AND COMPLY WITH TAX LAWS WHILE IA IS IN EFFECT.
Chicago Taxation Lawyers
Tax issues can be a challenge for the layman. If you run into some trouble, that is the best time to bring in a Chicago taxation lawyer, who has years of experience dealing with similar situations to your current one.These lawyers have the background, the education and the confidence to get you through a potentially difficult area when it comes to handling tax issues.