INSTALLMENT AGREEMENTS (IA)
- TAX PAYERS WITH LESS THAN 10,000 IN LIABILITY
- TAX PAYERS WITH MORE THAN 10,000 IN LIABILITY.
HOW TO REQUEST AN IA:
- FILE FORM 9465, “INSTALLMENT AGREEMENT REQUEST.”
- INTEREST AND PENALTIES CONTINUE TO ACCRUE;
- CALCULATE INCOME AND EXPENSES JUST LIKE IN AN OIC.
- IA REQUEST MUST BE THE AMOUNT OF EXCESS INCOME;
- EXPENSES MAY NOT BE FOLLOWED AS CLOSELY AS IN AN OIC, PANTICULARY IF THE IA WILL PAY THE LIABILITY OFF QUICKLY.
FOR IA REQUESTS UNDER 10,000, GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE IF:
- DURING THE PAST 5 YEARS, ALL RETURNS FILED TIMELY;
- IRS DETERMINES THAT YOU CAN NOT PAY TAX OWED IN FULL WHEN IT IS DO AND YOU PROVIDE IRS WITH REQUESTED INFORMATION;
- YOU AGREE TO PAY WITHIN 3 YEARS AND COMPLY WITH TAX LAWS WHILE IA IS IN EFFECT.
- COLLECTION DIVISION OF THE IRS (SEVERAL BRANCHES)
- REVENUE OFFICERS
- POWERS OF ATTORNEY
- REQUESTING TRANSCRIPTS (3 BASIC TYPES)
- OFFERS IN COMPROMISE (OIC)
- THREE BASICS FOR AN OIC
- OFFERS BASED UPON DOUBT AS TO COLLECTIBILITY
- FORM 433 COLLECTION INFORMATION STATEMENT
- LUMP SUM CASH OFFER
- PERIODIC PAYMENT
- REMAINING STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS OFFER
- ITEMS TO INCLUDE WITH OIC
- SUBMITTING THE OFFER
- WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER FILING THE OIC
- DISCHARGING TAXES IN BANKRUPTCY AFTER REFORM
- TAX CLAIMS IN BANKRUPTCY
- LIENS AND CHAPTER 7
- ADVANCED HANDLING OF OIC AND BANKRUPTCY
- NON-LIABLE SPOUSE’S INVOLVEMENT
- LEVY RELEASES
- NON-COLLECTIBLE STATUS
- TYPES OF APPEALS
- COLLECTION APPEALS PROGRAM (CAP)
- INSTALLMENT AGREEMENTS (IA)
- PENALTY ABATEMENT
Chicago Taxation Lawyers
Tax issues can be a challenge for the layman. If you run into some trouble, that is the best time to bring in a Chicago taxation lawyer, who has years of experience dealing with similar situations to your current one.These lawyers have the background, the education and the confidence to get you through a potentially difficult area when it comes to handling tax issues.